Type of Stresses

Type Of Stresses-

 Tensile stress :
         When a body of element of machine is subjected to two equal and opposite axial pull loads then the stress induced at any section of an element is known as tensile stress. 

Compressive Stress :
          When a body or element of machine is subjected to two equal and opposite push forces then the stress induced at any section of an element is known as compressive Stress.

Shear Stress :
     1) Direct Shear Stress : When body is subjected to two equal and opposite forces acting tangentially across the resisting section, as a result of within the body tends to Shear off the section then the stress induced is called shear stress
          2)Shear stress = Tangential force / Resisting area.
   a) Single shear : When shearing takes place at one cross section then it is called as single shear.
   b) Double shear : When shearing takes place at two cross section then it is called as double shear. 
    Tortional Shear stress:  When a mechanical component is subjected to torque or twisting, then the stress produced is called as torsional shear stress.

Bending stress:
        when the mechanical component is subjected to bending moment
Then the stress induced is called as bending stress.

Crushing stress :
              stress induced in the component when the relative motion between two element.


I'm passionate about my work. I love the feeling of helping people and impressing them with my content. I have a wide range of topics, so I think you will enjoy the content I offer on my website.…

Post a Comment